I really enjoy cooking and with cooking comes the need for spices. Normally one doesn’t get all excited about a spice delivery, but I do. One spice company I use is Penzey’s. They are based in Wisconsin but have some retail outlets in Illinois. The interesting part about this company is the owner. He is very opinionated and tells it how he feels in their sale emails. They have a wide variety of spices and in various sizes, even sample packs. They are always well most of the time giving you freebies or very reduced prices on different products. So you really need to check them at https://www.penzeys.com I am confident you will enjoy their spices as much as I do.
P.S. You MUST sign up for their email list so you can get the great emails that Bill sends out about sales and his views!
Crock Pot Stuffing
Great easy stuffing that you use a crock pot and keep more space open in the oven!
- 1 c. butter
- 1 1/2 tsp. sage
- 2 c. chopped onion
- 2 c. chopped celery
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 c parsley sprigs
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 (28-oz.) can mushrooms
- 3 1/2 c. chicken or turkey broth
- 12 c. day-old bread, cubed (I use different types)
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 2 lbs bulk or link Italian Sausage. (if links remove the casing after cooking and cutting in to small bite size pieces)
- Cook the sausage until done (this can be done the night before)
- Melt butter and saute onion, celery, parsley and mushrooms.
- Pour mixture over bread cubes in large mixing bowl.
- Add poultry seasoning, sage,thyme, pepper and garlic powder.
- Toss well.
- Pour enough broth to moisten. Add eggs and mix well.
- Pack lightly into slow cooker and cover.
- Cook on low 6 to 8 hours.
- Keep an eye on the stuffing to make sure it doesn't dry out and you may have to add more broth.
Lost Rambler https://lostrambler.com/hodor/
A travel blog of our adventures across the country.