Fresh homemade polish sausage (White)
Our family handed down recipe.
Write a review
- about 10 lbs of pork shoulder
- 12-16 cloves of fresh garlic or more depending on how much garlic you like
- 1-1.5 cups of ice water
- 4 tsps of kosher salt fresh ground
- 1-2 tbsps of fresh ground pepper or more depending on your taste.
- Cut the meat into 1" strips for grinding. Do not cut off any fat.
- Keeping the meat cold at all times (we use a bowl with an ice bath under it)
- Grind your meat using the large blade and then mix in all ingredients. Mix well. It should be a bit sloppy.
- Fry up a small patty to taste seasonings and you can adjust if needed.
- Place it in the fridge overnight.
- The next day soak casings in warm water 1-3 hrs.
- Rinse the casings.
- Some people cut them but I just fill the horn up and then cut the casing.
- Stuff the sausage into the casings. We do long links or coils that are prolly about 2-3 lbs a piece.
- Place the sausage in the fridge uncovered over night to dry a bit.
- Then wrap to freeze or cook up.
Lost Rambler https://lostrambler.com/hodor/